Who we are
Person Investment Group, LLC is a venture capital (VC) firm established in 2005. The company, since its inception has invested in over 25 companies, though various business, financial and economic conductions.
What is Venture Capital?
Venture Capital is financial funding, which is provided to early-stage, high-potential, growth startup companies.
How does venture capital differs from traditional financing sources?
Venture capital differs from traditional financing sources in that venture capital typically:
• Focuses on young, high-growth companies
• Invests equity capital, rather than debt
• Takes higher risks in exchange for potentially higher returns
• Has a longer investment horizon than traditional financing
• Actively monitors portfolio companies via board participation, strategic marketing, governance, and capital structure.
The venture capital intern for their funding earns receive equity shares in the companies it invests in.
What is equity shares
Equity capital is the funding invested into a business in exchange for a share of ownership in that company. Owning shares of stock outright or having the right to convert other financial instruments into stock of that private company represents ownership.
In 2003, while attending Virginia State University, our founder recognized the need to develop a system (Save-your-self-time-energy-money) that would help people that were facing foreclosure, behind on their mortgage payment, or just wanted to sell their distressed or burdened properties.
The system he developed not only helped people in bad situations, but it also provided potential homeowners and local investors with quality commercial and residential properties they could buy at discount prices.
In 2005 our founder tested his system and started Person Enterprise. The initial focus of the company was to acquire, rehab and manage residential property. As the company began to evolve, the business structure and initial focus shifted from a single owner sole proprietorship to privately held multi-member managed limited liability company.
With the reorganization of the company, Person Investment Group, LLC was established, and adopted the motto “Building a brighter future one investment at a time”.
In 2009 the company showed tremendous growth and was spilt into two divisions Real Estate and Management and Private Equity.
Real Estate and Management - The Real Estate and Management division of Person Investment Group, LLC continues to be a driving factor to the company's success. The company now buys, rehabs, leases and sales both commercial and residential properties around the country.
Private Equity - The Private Equity division of Person Investment Group, LLC has interests across a broad spectrum of activities, industries and sectors both domestically and internationally, to include a varied portfolio in Real Estate Marketing, the food & beverage industry, and the Logistic Transportation/Materials hauling.
Our Enduring beliefs
Our roadmap starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
- Portfolio- Bring to the world a portfolio of premier companies that satisfy people's desires and needs.
- Leadership- Lead by example as a responsible, caring, and sustainable company.
- Productivity- Be a highly effective, lean and fast moving organization.
- Teamwork- Nurture a loyal network of customers, suppliers and owners all working together to develop an awesome product.
Our values serve as the framework for our roadmap and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
- Integrity, Trust and Respect-It is the core of who we are and all we do as a family of companies.
- Passion- Delight our consumers and put them first in everything we do.
- Simplicity- Seek to continually simplify and improve processes, procedures and techniques.
- Caring- Lift as we climb, continue to improve our communities, this is where we live and work.